Serving all of San Diego CountyAll Other Locations
- One day advanced driver training course designed to maximize crash avoidance by immersing students in a controlled environment by expert professional drivers
- Taught by previous law enforcement, stunt and racing professionals
- Student will learn and understand the lateral and braking limitations of their personal vehicle
- Advance to driving several coned scenarios to simulate real life road situations and hazards
- Student will participate in skidpad exercises in our TRTS Mustangs in the afternoon
- Student receives a Certificate of Training for potentially receiving a 20% discount on vehicle insurance.
- Student is required to provide their own vehicle and proof of insurance. If one is not available, TRTS vehicles are available for rent. TRTS vehicles must be paid and reserved seven (7) days prior to the event. Reservations/Participation Voucher are required.
- Student is eligible to attend Advanced Driver Training after completion of 6 Hours Behind the Wheel lessons so basic driving skills are mastered. If student has not taken Behind the Wheel with TRTS, student must possess a California driver's license and complete the prerequisite 2 Hour Pre Advanced Assessment with TRTS.
I first learned about Teen Road to Safety through NextDoor. Someone was asking about driving schools and the fact that retired law enforcement officers taught the classes and behind the lessons caught my eye. My daughter took the driver training classes in Carlsbad and just finished her second behind the wheel lesson with Mr. Alberto Perez. Mr. Perez has been kind, patient, professional, and has a super interesting work history in law enforcement. This experience has not only taught my daughter good driving skills, she has heard impactful stories first-hand, and has a greater appreciation for law enforcement and the important and hard job they have.
I've had two of my children instructed by Teen Road to Safety San Diego. I highly recommend this driving school above all others. They have a detailed and comprehensive curriculum per lesson that builds upon the student's abilities. The instructors are previous law enforcement which makes me feel better about having my kids in a car with a stranger. They are extremely patient and gave my children the confidence to be excellent, defensive drivers. From their classroom training to their behind the wheel instruction and advanced driving classes, this is the ONLY school I'd ever recommend for driving instruction.
We just put a third child through TRTS Behind the Wheel drivers training and could not be happier!!! In addition, our daughter took the Advanced [all-day] Course on a Saturday and received what I felt was life-saving and life-changing instruction. Every instructor has been prompt, professional, calm, and thorough, and I don't think my kids could have been better prepared! Andrew has gone above and beyond answering/returning calls and scheduling in a timely manner!!! We highly recommend TRTS!!!